HID Legalities?

beska133

Hi all,

Im a little confused as to the actual legalities of HIDs currently, i know its changing in January, but this is only MOT enforcement of what is already in place,

What di i need to do to make them road legal? As they are miles better than any halogen bulbs i've tried, and i've tried lots! there are therefor alot safer, so im wanting to keep them on my Arosa

Cheers

haha i could imagine, there's so much speculation flying around about them,

im off to get them re aligned so im'a ask the MOT geez about them,

Personally there are alot worse things police can get people for on the road, the amount of people with headlights out is insane

Personally there are alot worse things police can get people for on the road, the amount of people with headlights out is insane

Yeah, but the people without headlights - only they can't see.

Cheap ass chinese HIDs in enclosures designed for regular H4, or whatever, scatter light here, there and everywhere. People like them cos they can see more. Pity I can't see anything while I'm driving towards them and therefore more likely to hit them...

I've even heard people like them because in town they are bright enough to be seen on the road surface and out bright the street lights. tbh in street lit roads head lights are pretty redundant.

When you are driving on quiet motorways or country roads there is nothing that quite destroys your night vision like a blue/pink/purple HID retina burn.

Ah well. I just have to remember the advice my driving instructor gave me - when someone with stupidly bright or misalinged lights is drving towards you focus on the white line at the kerb side of the road (if there is one) you can then still follow the road without getting totally blinded.

I agree with you Puggled, but the HID kit i have was £80, UK make with a correct beam pattern, and when i took it to get them aligned, he said he'd never fail them as its a pefect beam pattern, unlike what he normally see's.

But for keeping them on as they out do street lighting is insane? When i drive through a city, London, Nottingham, i turn my headlights off, because of the constant street lighting you only need sidelights for people to see you, and all other drivers in London drive with sidelights.