Silver Lupo GTI - advice?

lilsammi2

I am looking at selling my Lupo GTI soon as i drive motorways daily on the way to work and feel that it is time to get a more economical car to do so. I am interested in how much people are willing to pay for these cars atm or whether it would be better to wait until after Christmas time to sell.

The car is due MOT in January but i am willing to MOT it early if people are interested in it so that it is sold with 12 months MOT.

The car has covered 50,000 miles, most of which has been covered on the motorway so has chips in the paintwork on the bumper which can be expected with these cars.

It is a silver lupo GTI with 15" ats cups on which would be included in the sale. At the minute it is lowered on AP coilovers but i have the standard suspension still so i don't know whether it is better to sell with them on or off?

It also has a scorpion backbox on but again i have the original backbox still so can be sold with either? Also has been dewipered on the rear and has wind deflectors on the front windows.

The interior is cloth and is in good condition. It also comes with air conditioning and remote central locking.

I don't really want to sell as i love it so much but due to financial circumstances i may have to look into doing so. i would really appreciate some advice on how much i should put it up for and what people think would be the best - selling with original parts or mods?

In general owners tend to want too much for their cars and you see them for sale for weeks and weeks and weeks, which means they are over priced, I recently sold my Audi in two days thro Autotrader, it was priced to sell, not what it could be worth on a perfect day, once you want it sold then be realistic with your expectations, I'm now a lupo gti owner and love it but bought a standard one after looking at several modifyed examples which were too loud and bouncy on their colie's, put the suspension up to a reasonable height to give a good ride quality then you can appeal to both sets of purchasers the slammed ones and the wrinkles (i'm a wrinkley) if the exhaust is stainless then keep it on as it is benificial to both sets.

The cars you see advertised are not selling for the prices asked, keep watching them and the prices go down week on week, you will soon get an idea of what is a good selling price, try putting it up for sale and see what happens as remember you don't have to sell it if you don't want to, the book prices are not being achieved so you will need to pitch it under those prices if you want people round to view. I don't think you'll get any extra for the mods being on rather than off the car but it will probably make a difference to the buyer if they have a choice to have them if required. I think the market takes a dip after christmas as its a lean time so sooner rather than later would be better I think.

Let us know what happens with the sale and how it goes

cheers stevie