Parcel Shelf Arosa Mk1 & Mk2

Par

Are the parcel shelfs for Arosa Mk1 & Mk2 different? I just bought one advertised as suitable for 1997 - 2003 model but when I try to fit it to a 52 plate Arosa it doesnt fit!

Shape & size appears to be OK but the pivot location points are in the wrong position which leaves a 2" gap between the shelf and the rear seat and sticks out too far to close the tailgate.

I could probably bodge something up to relocate the pivot pins but as the seller appears to be a SEAT/VW dealer selling off old stock I would expect them to know they are different.

Yeah thats what the dealer says!

Ignore my comment about the gap between the shelf and the seat back as I hadnt realised there were 2 upright positions for the seats so 1 problem is solved.

But the shelf doesnt seem to fit flat meaning when the tailgate is shut there is a large gap where you can see into the boot through the window.

I have added some photos to show whats going on maybe I am missing something but it just doesnt seem right. Any advice greatly appreciated!

IMG-20111003-00065.jpg

IMG-20111003-00066.jpg

IMG-20111003-00067.jpg