MK4 Ibiza cupra tdi

bikemad04

Looking at getting one if these in the near future for a cheaper car and running costs as am looking to do my bike test and get a bike,

Anyone on here owned or know much about these? have signed up on the seatcupra forum but there proberly slightly biased so would rather get reviews elsewhere thanks.

Had one when they were first out, only lasted 8 months or so till I went for another petrol. Not that good on fuel (at least 10mpg down on the 130 tdi) struggle to get over 40mpg, decent torque but short rev band and sounded like a bag of nails. Too easy to wheel spin in the wet with an intrusive traction control, the ride was also pretty shocking overly hard with under damped wheels and the interior had some nasty plastics. BMW diesel is much better if you want one with a bit of go or the 130bhp 1.9 vag unit is decently frugal if agricultural.

We nearly bought a Cupra TDI new in 2005 and the Seat dealer put us off for the same reasons Crusoe has described above. On smooth Spanish or French roads, I'm sure the Cupra would be an excellent mile muncher. I should add that the interior space is pretty mean and the plastics are bloody awful.

In the end, we bought the FR TDI instead and still have it today. Apart from servicing, a pair of tyres and a REVO remap, it's been trouble free, entertaining motoring.