Audio wires?

I have a: jvc kd-lh401

but every time i turn the ignition on, the cd returns to track 1 {00mins 01 secs}

i went over to Halfords and was talking to one of the guys who told me i had to switch the red and yellow wires so that the radio was getting a constant energy supply fro the battery.

I couldnt release the wires so i snipped, stripped, soldered and heat shrunk. FOR NOTHING! no power no nothing.

i have tried numerous different leads and still no joy :/

anyone had this problem or better stil, have a solution?

cheers

kd_lh401_lrg.jpg

For once, the guy in Hellfrauds was probably right.

Are you sure you've done it correctly?

Basically, the red wire is an ignition live and the yellow is a permanent live. The iginition live brings the head unit on/off with the key and the permanent live is to store settings.

You need to cut the yellow wire, cut the red wire and join them together, so that the red wire becomes yellow and vice versa.

For once, the guy in Hellfrauds was probably right.

Are you sure you've done it correctly?

Basically, the red wire is an ignition live and the yellow is a permanent live. The iginition live brings the head unit on/off with the key and the permanent live is to store settings.

You need to cut the yellow wire, cut the red wire and join them together, so that the red wire becomes yellow and vice versa.

Yea i did all of that and it didnt do anything :/

its really starting to annoy me as i have 2 - 3 hour mp3 mixes on cd and if i turn the car off at all, it returns to the start!!