1st time Lupo owner.

oOJLKOo

Hello all of you!

Well, I wanted a well made car. It had to be a diesel and I fell in love with the Lupo.

Firstly, I paid £2200 for this car. If this is too much, feel free to let me know. I got the dealer down £300 and was wondering if I've been had!

Either way, I finally got the make and model I wanted, but there are a few issues.......

ANY help is appreciated with the following 4 problems.

1) I need 2 rear head rests for the 1.7 E SDI. Registration year: 03/03 Any ideas? The idiot dealer had the nerve to tell me that some models didn't come with rear head rests!!)

2) I need a 2nd key as I only got one with the dealer. The car is not alarmed and it doesn't have an immobiliser, so I figure it should just be easy right? Is this right? Do I have to go to a dealer and take out a 2nd mortgage?

3) I need to clean the interior of the roof. The fabric is really marked/dirty. Would a good valet clean this up or is it down to my elbows!??

In fact, is it because the roof is rusting??

4) How long are these engines good for? The milage is 108,000.

Thank you Everybody in advance :) Jo xx

1) I need 2 rear head rests for the 1.7 E SDI. Registration year: 03/03 Any ideas? The idiot dealer had the nerve to tell me that some models didn't come with rear head rests!!)

***have a look at whats in the front, dark grey, light greay hooped head rests and look for some one selling some on here or look on the breaking section as theres always bits on there and people with help you out***

2) I need a 2nd key as I only got one with the dealer. The car is not alarmed and it doesn't have an immobiliser, so I figure it should just be easy right? Is this right? Do I have to go to a dealer and take out a 2nd mortgage?

***heres a key blank ad http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkwagen-replacement-blank-key-light-HAA-98-07-/280718490817? pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415c203cc1 and then just take it to get cut :) ***

I hope i helped you out :)

Joe

Heya, probs paid a little over the going price for it, especially at that milage, i assume it has full (ideally vw at that price) service history?

As for the roof, if it is under 12 years vw should repair under warrenty (but i doubt they will - there is a whole thread on it).

I personally have two of the hoop style headrests as i took mine out as they made the car feel really short and just looked strange thru the windows, i wont part with mine (cos im a hoarder), but loads of people will have them lying around.

You can remove the rooflining to clean it if that is easier.

As for the key Lupo-Joe seems to have helped you out there!

Ive never heard of about lupos having truly major (fatal) engine problems as long as they stay well serviced, not many on here over 150k, but i think that is cos they are (relatively new) short distance city cars rather than they just go pop after they pass a certain figure.

Thank you for the replies. Really helpful and kind! I just have one more question!

I only have 1 key and there only appears to be central locking on the car (ie no immobiliser I can see). It's a 2003 reg. Does this mean the immobiliser has been deactivated or taken out altogether? Is it going to cost a firtune to get another key if this is the case?

Thanks again! Jo.

Hello, iv also got a 1.7 sdi. mines got a few more miles than yours and it still runs fine, theres not really much to go wrong with them as they dont have a turbo so in theory they should run for a while. i paid less than you but mine was fairly tatty when i got it, iv spent a fair bit getting new, working parts for it. Same as BEP51 i took my rear headrests out for the look but dont really wanna part with them for when i sell on. try a scrap yard for lupos polos and arosas headrests.

Mark x