1981 Audi 80 GLS auto tax and test

tom1985

Hi everyone. I picked this old Audi up off a mate last week. Its not in bad nick put it through an MOT as it was nearly out and got the disabled tax off it so it's now taxed as a normal car. Not really sure what I'm gonna do with it now as I had big plans which probably won't happen.... too many projects!! Here's a bit about the car....

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

1981 Audi 80 GLS Automatic in Alpine White with 61000 miles from new.

Sunroof, 4 electric windows, central locking and front fogs

1600cc 85bhp engine, 3 speed auto box.

MOT until August 5th 2012

Tax until end of December 2011

Stuff I've done so far....

New spark plugs, fuel, oil and air filters and fresh engine oil, New rubber carb base flange as it had a split in it, Cleaned out carb's jets and put through MOT which it passed with a couple of advisories bringing me to...

Stuff I will do....

New front to rear brake pipes and a couple of exhaust clamps to cure minor blow for the advisories

Repaint wheels

Bad bits.... Has a few rust spots the worst bits being the leading edge of the bonnet and bottoms of the wings. Rest of the paint is very good tho. End of the driver's sill has been patched at some point which is the only welding I think its had done The is a dent it the driver's rear arch. More pics to follow as I get my clean on!

Either way it won't take much to make it a really tidy car. Would look awesome lowered on period alloys.... lowering shocks and springs are only £150 plus post on ebay. I just have way too much on to do her justice. I value it at around £675.... If this was a manual I bet it would be worth much more!

I'm open to swaps (retro or VAG)

Will price it at £675 ono

Car is located in Skegness, Lincolnshire

Please contact me for more info, cheers! Tom