How to mend half working electric window switches

I tried to follow the "how to" on the help and how tos section but only managed to rip the part in half reveiling the component board and metal discs cleaned them up and tried to replace them but still with no avail.

Problems I encountered.

• 1 - not knowing anything of what I was doing
    2 - removing the swith mechanism in one whole piece seemed completely impossible not sure if I was doing it right.
    3 - did I mention I have no idea what I was doing
    4 - once reconnected the switch was still only making a clicky noise and putting the passenger side window up but not managing to make it come down

again :(

Please help. anyone....

Hi pal, give me a call tomorrow after 8am and I'll talk you through it, 07977068550

• 2 weeks later...

It took me well over half an hour to get the switch out of the carrier and about ten mins to get the switch apart after that. If you're getting one out of the drivers side it's realively easy to get the second out. I used a butter knife and a set of jewlers screw drivers. Once they were out I had a scower (poor spelling) and got all the dust and old owners bogies out.

Working well now though.

Disconnect and reconnect the battery to reset the window module. Better to start on the simple checks. Then check the fuse. Simples but always seems to be the way. :)

I knew my switches were gone as when i put the headlights on they didn't glow (only realised that once fixed drivers side) took me ages to get the switch out in the end I just put a knife in and belted it as i had a new one from Boz. major stress though.

i have to punch my door before using the driver's side window :') otherwise the switch doesn't work.

good job my interior is flocked to cushion the blow :D (kind of)