central locking issues, flip key?

Rudaz

my car is playing up central locking wise and i changed the bettery in the fob thinking it was shot and must have changed it 5 times since.. sometimes the light works, sometimes it doesnt, and very rarely now will it unlock the car (its a proud moment when it does!) :lol:

i spoke to my mate who plugged it into vagcom (due to another unretaled problem) and he said it is most probably the bottom half of the key, he said if i was to buy a new bottom section and put my old top half on he would programme it to my car, but i am struggling to find this 'bottom section'

just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction really, and would it be any harder/ expensive to change to flip key? (i realise i would need to get the key cut but other than that what is involved?) if anybody has done this and can share info id appreciate it :) thanks

Hi, you can use a 3 button flip key which also unlocks the boot! Quite easy to code. There is a guide in how to section. Explains which key is best for the job. Includes splitting the key, removing of chip etc.

Keys can be found on eBay, make sure the part no ends in AH! I bought 3 for around £15 each but sold them on for less.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok now it will not work at all, could it maybe have something to do with the convinience unit? Could this also be related to a really bad misfire I am currently having? As in if the key is not reading right in the barrel? Mind you this would not affect the unlocking and locking of the doors as it has done?? :/