EPC - Loss of power

Darrell

Have spent some time searching but not found the same faults, was just wondering if anyone has any experience of whats happening to my Lupo at the moment.

On Friday night the car started losing power when driving at at steady speed or accelerating, no judder or loss of revs just as if i had taken my foot of the pedal, as soon as I take foot off accelerator and put back on power comes back.

To start with no warning light came on but after about ten minutes of this the EPC light came on.

The next morning it was the same then the light went out and then came back on again.

After reading a few things about brake lights not working and brake switches bringing the light on i checked and all the lights are working.

Was advised to disconnect the battery and leave for a while. After reconnecting the battery after a few hours the car is driving fine but the EPC light is still on.

Has anyone seen this before?? Just wondering if i should take to a dealer or not??

Cheers Darrell