Running Problem

Ok guys, I will try to describe this as best as I, I have 2 problems and not sure if they are related,

1st, starts car from cold, runs ok with a little acceleration, when left to idle runs really rough, shaky, and when left approx. 2minutes without touching the throttle its starts firing and running on 3 cylinders.

2nd, Recently I have noticed that the tappets getting louder, the thing is the engine will run from cold with little tappet noise, however when engine has reached temperature and I begin to accelerate i get a strange, cranky noise, the only way I can describe it is like when you accelerate when in the wrong gear, where the engine is strained. after it makes this noise and I further accelerate the tappet noise gets louder, really loud!

Can anyone help? Please

Thanks,

Saul.

Does your coolant temp guage work?

Have you ever replaced your coil pack/leads/plugs?

What oil is in it?

Hey,

Yes temperature gauge works fine, well its raises and sits just below half way, never been above.

I've had the car about 6 months, had a service done, oil changed cam belts (not sure of the oil?) and plugs

I changed the leads myself recently.

Saul.

Check the connections on the coil pack-HT leads. They should be shiny. if one is matt, replace your coil pack (approx 70 off lupoboz)

What plugs did they use? Dont use anything other then NGK

Check the connections on the coil pack-HT leads. They should be shiny. if one is matt, replace your coil pack (approx 70 off lupoboz)

What plugs did they use? Dont use anything other then NGK

dbd2d1d9.jpg

35c77db6.jpg

I tried to get as best picture as possible, would you call this terminal matt? it looks pretty pitted to me, would you replace?

Thanks,

Saul.

I would yes - It may be worth finding someone local to you and trying theirs to see first though, it only takes 5 mins to remove and replace.

Lupoboz is a trader on here who sells genuine parts at very good prices, look in the traders section.