Is the actual mileage recorded on the ECU or the key?

sat1983

Isnt there something in the clocks that records it? Or do they just display what they are told to?

Just that you see cars for sale that say '50k on engine, 75k on clocks' that have had a new engine in, so the clocks must save it.

I need to add 25000 miles on the clocks, as I have Rich's old clocks! I am about to bugger off to France for a bit and I'm adding a crazy amount of miles recently so I do want an accurate record.

I think you would just have to try and guess what it is currently on and have it as that - make sure it tallies with the service history and it will be fine.

How is the saga of fixing your car going?

I remember the miles within about 50 miles. So will have to do that i guess!

About mine- all is ok, but new airbag module required= forking out about £450.

Bar that it's sound as a pound and I've got used to it. It does all I ask of it with no bother and is great fun to drive.

You keeping yours?

For the time being, I have sorted the pulling issue, and cleaned it inside and out so it is back in my good books again! :lol:

It drives brilliantly now I have replaced 90% of the suspension, may do the rear bushes and get a rear ARB at some point, they seem quite cost effective

How come it needs a new module then? Has it fired the bags at some point or has it just broken?

For the time being, I have sorted the pulling issue, and cleaned it inside and out so it is back in my good books again! :lol:

It drives brilliantly now I have replaced 90% of the suspension, may do the rear bushes and get a rear ARB at some point, they seem quite cost effective

How come it needs a new module then? Has it fired the bags at some point or has it just broken?

Bags are fine- module broke.... Just one of those things. I've just order rear shocks & bushes for mine as they were tired. Should defo be good after that, famous last words eh!

Dont you fancy some aftermarket suspension - its a very worthwhile upgrade. I beleive something like the AP fixed kit is about £250, Big Jase seems very happy with his ( I think thats what he has anyway)