Rosie - my Mk1 Arosa

rosiearosa

Well Rosie joined the family after selling our Ibiza and my partner taking over my old Fabia as I needed something more cripple-friendly to drive! The Fabia was slammed on SPAX ajustable coils, set to hard fully polybushed with front and rear uprated ARB's and a front strut... the ride was less than comfortable (but oh sooo much fun living out in the sticks going down the lanes as she clings to the road like glue!)

So anywho - after a letdown on a Lupo we won on ebay - turned up and it had the engine management light on and "couldnt be booked in for fixing for another 2 weeks" yea yea yea we think they knew something was up with it before selling. Then by chance flicked through autotrader the following evening to see Rosie just being advertised sent the advertiser a message at about midnight... she replied about 1am after getting in from a night out. We turned up at 10am the next day with cash and drove her home ... then moved house!

Absolutely loving her so far :) few little tweaks here and there but nothing major as I have FMS so needs to be user friendly! Would like to get her to at least 1 show if I can manage the driving plus a day out.

so as she was when I got her

197240_10150110019481813_592081812_6929351_7523645_n.jpg

first thing to be done was the wheels which I have masked up and painted myself

198511_10150109998281813_592081812_6929298_4829125_n.jpg

I then decided it was time to get the hubby's xmas present out of its wrapping and play ... Dodo juice spin doctor

CIMG1027.jpg

CIMG1032.jpg

CIMG1029.jpg

this actually then caused me to cripple myself even more, so being in a flare up the other half very kindly pulled the grille apart and painted it for me this week as hes off work

221233_10150224675112349_519112348_8995000_418908_o.jpg

couple of other bits I want to get painted up. Really trying to resist the temptation to lower her - I know it'll happen sooner rather than later though! Just gotta come up with a nice compromise! - oh have also swapped the side repeaters for some nicer ones but need to get some pics uploaded of those. Anyone around Worcester area you cant miss her driving around :) we live in Malvern and I drive over to Martley every day to work

It's pink behind the badge so looked at head on you see 2 lines of pink through the middle

Deffo needs lowering it's like driving a tractor, I'm used to throwing the furby around corners - I swear I'm gonna tip over in Rosie though sooooo unstable

I drive a silver MkV Polo GTI

Haha I'm the same in all fairness, but that's just down to me being to slow lol, my hand finially moves to wave but they're already long gone lol. I even accidentally miss my friends sometimes, I'll get an abusive text message later in the day for ignoring them haha

Btw really love the wheels :)

Will keep my eyes peeled then :)

Thanks - am well chuffed with them considering I sat and masked them up infront of the telly one evening and then sprayed them outside on a pasting table

• 2 weeks later...