Help it failed it's MOT!

Fyfester

Hi folks

Been running a little green campaign 1.4

All been well and I have been lurking about here for a while but never joined. Until now!

I need some help, it failed it's MOT today for "brake linkage has abnormal movement of levers indicating excessive wear"

I'm wondering if this could be a pedal box issue?

Any help or suggestions would be awesome

Thanks and great forum

Hi folks

Been running a little green campaign 1.4

All been well and I have been lurking about here for a while but never joined. Until now!

I need some help, it failed it's MOT today for "brake linkage has abnormal movement of levers indicating excessive wear"

I'm wondering if this could be a pedal box issue?

Any help or suggestions would be awesome

Thanks and great forum

That description is a little bit crap! Did you ask the tester what was wrong?

where are you as someone local might be able to check it out for you possibly the wishbone bushes if they are moving on braking :confused:

But then they would have failed it due to excessive movement on the bushes. How are they even able to look at the rack when its on the brake tester?

But then they would have failed it due to excessive movement on the bushes. How are they even able to look at the rack when its on the brake tester?

Cheers folks

Just been out (wife took it for MOT)

When pressing the brake pedal the steering wheel and the servo move ie rock

very strange maybe the pedal box has broke in a different place as i know the collum is supported by the pedal box on a bolt that goes throught the pedals i have a spare pedal box if your near manchester

very strange maybe the pedal box has broke in a different place as i know the collum is supported by the pedal box on a bolt that goes throught the pedals i have a spare pedal box if your near manchester

Cheers mate but I'm up in Scotland

The nuts holding the pedal box on were loose so we tightened them up. Still no joy

I think it maybe flex in the bulkhead?

Has it ever been mentioned before? I did a search but couldn't find anything

Cheers

no probs dude

these a very long bolt that goes through the brake pedal might be that loose or the plastic bit that sits over the pedal might be missing can you take a picture of it ?

no probs dude

these a very long bolt that goes through the brake pedal might be that loose or the plastic bit that sits over the pedal might be missing can you take a picture of it ?

About 2 1/2" wi a nut on the end?

And sorry for being so dense but what plastic cover, I will have to wait on my other half coming back before I can get back out and have a look

I'm sure there is an easy fix cos everything looks pretty new!

About 2 1/2" wi a nut on the end?

And sorry for being so dense but what plastic cover, I will have to wait on my other half coming back before I can get back out and have a look

I'm sure there is an easy fix cos everything looks pretty new!

Right been out and had a bit of a look but can't see a big bolt thru the brake pedal or the plastic cover unless you mean what I take to be the rod coming from the pedal? And the clear cap covering the yellow bit at the bulkhead side?

Also it looks the vertical (ish) part of the brake pedal sits very close to the steering rod? Cover/ sleeve

Cheers

on the collum there is a bracket that slides over the 2 and a half inch long bolt there should be a plastic roller under it on the actual bolt

also press the pedal and look for what it does

it should go through the brake and clutch possibly the accelerator

I'm now officially lost!

Sorry for being simple mate and I do appreciate the help and advice.

What do these bolts do? (the 1's you are talking about) are the bolting the pedals to something? Are they bolting thru a sleeve to pivot? And where should I look for them? If I had my forehead ( just to orient me) on the brake pedal where would these bolts be? Up or forward?

Cheers