New CD Player wont come on!!!!!!!!

Hey ladies and gents,

just bought a new CD Player from Halfords - Pioneer DEH-1300mp. Reduced to under £70 brand new, needed something to take away the quiet until I can afford my £650 double DIN unit . . . it'll be a long wait at this rate! :D

Tried fitting it earlier today, but when I connected the ISO loom and turned on the ignition, nothing! Tried swapping wires, still nothing!

Like mechanicals, I'm pretty lame with car audio (haven't really dabbled in the past) so I'm unsure what should be going where. I don't fancy giving Halfords any more of my hard earned cash either to install it!

There was a stereo fitted which I took out, it was so bad I've chosen to listen to silence for the past few weeks. When I took it out, I simply disconnected the ISO connector, but the red wire from the ISO loom was soldered to a brown coloured wire from inside the car for some reason . . . the initial stereo worked fine I might add the way it was wired up, just really bad quality and hard to live with.

Wondered if anyone had any ideas where I might be going wrong? Even better, is there anyone local to Newcastle/Bedlington who could take a quick look and lend a wee bit of advice before I end up cutting everything in sight? There maybe a few cans in it for ya! ;)

Andy.

Went to Halfords today to get some advice, it turns out that there is no permanent live!

Any advice anyone? Looks like I'm going to have to take the bloomin' thing back otherwise or spend £25 having it fitted! :(

strange how there is no perminant live have you tested the wires on the car you could always run a wire from the perminant live of the ignition or something

Yeah, the last cruddy stereo I had installed worked fine, but thinking about it, it didn't store stations, etc.

Anyone got any idea how I go about installing it and getting it up and running like it should? . . . or should I just bite the bullet and go to Halfords! GRRRRRR!!!! :(

make sure all the wiring is to standard spec and the iso plugs havnt been chopped off the reson your last stereo didnt store stations is because it didnt have the perminant live wired properly sounds like it was wired with the switched live

make sure all the wiring is to standard spec and the iso plugs havnt been chopped off the reson your last stereo didnt store stations is because it didnt have the perminant live wired properly sounds like it was wired with the switched live

Cheers Chris, I'll look into it further and see how I get on. The loom behind the dash looks to be a complete mess to be fair, someone was obviously having an off day when they attacked it before I got to it! :(

Saved me the job of messin it up myself! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm currently in the same boat. Have a JVC unit which will turn on when the engine is on and let you put a CD in but the power goes straight off, so no music for me at the moment.

I have tried switching the red and yellow cables around which someone else mentioned but had no joy.

Did you manage to resolve the problem in yours? If so, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I'm currently in the same boat. Have a JVC unit which will turn on when the engine is on and let you put a CD in but the power goes straight off, so no music for me at the moment.

I have tried switching the red and yellow cables around which someone else mentioned but had no joy.

Did you manage to resolve the problem in yours? If so, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hey,

no, I ended up taking the stereo back to Halfords as they couldn't find a permenant live in my cars wiring. I couldn't be bothered being messed around by un-trained kids in uniforms, so I decided to get my money back within the 30 day period (or however long you have).

I've literally just bought another system tonight, so this time I'm going to have it fitted properly! ;)

• 1 year later...