aee compression ratio

AEE is an dog old 74bhp 1.6 8v isnt it? its a 9.8:1 CR, the engine was superseded by the AEH (10.3:1) and then the AVU (10.5:1) which produced 99 and 101bhp.

I cant see how your going to work out the plate based on that though, you need to add in to the calculation the bore size, combustion chamber volume, deck height and stroke to get it right.

Should be good for what 140bhp with a turbo? Surely its a better idea to go for the 16v engine? or the later engines?

Will be good to see what comes of it though, keep us posted.

John

thanks john yeah the AEE is the old dog 1.6 8v yeah the guy who is producing the the decomp plate wanted to know the original compression ratio and also what ratio i am aiming for

looking at running 1.5-2 bar of boost from a garret t28 charger so any advice on what compression to aim for will be appreciated

im a bit of a old dog when it comes to engines i have a 175bhp throttlebodied 8v track car so keeping the arosa 8v is my style and why the AEE it was cheap and needed to be dropped in a hurry as the 1.4 8v died

thanks john yeah the AEE is the old dog 1.6 8v yeah the guy who is producing the the decomp plate wanted to know the original compression ratio and also what ratio i am aiming for

looking at running 1.5-2 bar of boost from a garret t28 charger so any advice on what compression to aim for will be appreciated

im a bit of a old dog when it comes to engines i have a 175bhp throttlebodied 8v track car so keeping the arosa 8v is my style and why the AEE it was cheap and needed to be dropped in a hurry as the 1.4 8v died

That boost on std internals? Not going to happen.

From what ive read, the conrods are referred to as twiglets? And G40 pistons dont fit due to the gudgeon pin being the wrong diameter.

Id think you'd need a CR of about 8-8.5 on standard internals. I cant remember what the G40 had but that is renowned for shi*ting standard pistons when boost is turned up and driven hard.

From what ive read, the conrods are referred to as twiglets? And G40 pistons dont fit due to the gudgeon pin being the wrong diameter.

Id think you'd need a CR of about 8-8.5 on standard internals. I cant remember what the G40 had but that is renowned for shi*ting standard pistons when boost is turned up and driven hard.

yeah i was guessing that the compression would be around that but nice to confirm my thoughts

would the pistons and rods from the avu or aeh engines fit and are they any better

and what psi doe the G40 run as standard as i may well aim for that level of boost