Standard suspension nut

Ok trying to fit coilovers and iv come across a problem

iv taken the front suspension of but im not able to remove the nut thats holding down the large rubber thing (is this a bush?)

i have a fair amount of tools but nothing i have fits in

Sorry if its an easy thing to do but i struggling

I had exactly the same problem, and we are not the only ones, i just jacked up the front of the car on both sides, took both struts off, went to the local vw garage, they compressed the springs, removed the nuts, boxed them up and charged nothing. Most other garages should be capable though. It is immensly hard to put torque on that top bolt with the bit of rubber round it, so instead of shelling out on more tools, i just took it to the people who put it there in the first place.

I had a mare with this same thing lol

The owner before me had split the Allen key top. Made a right mess of it and never fixed it. Lots of swearing, perseverance, and cuppas off the missus got It done. Ball ache tho. Good luck buddy

It is that one, but it needs a 21mm swan neck and the 7mm? allen together. I had just gone and bought a 22mm swan neck and couldnt be bothered to shell out for a 21mm also the local tool shop didnt have a 21mm anyway.

the main problem is, the rubber damper has a rubber ring that comes up around the bolt, and trying to keep even a swan neck spanner pressed down over this is very hard.

Edited by BEP51