New member in Cumbria

650max

Hi folks

New member here in Cumbria, Mercedes driver personally and biker with a garage full of 1970's Yamahas.

I'm chief mechanic and general dogsbody for my dear stepdaughters 2000 (Y) plate Lupo 1.0 in primrose yellow with 52K on the clock.

It's her 1st car, bought in April 2010 at my insistence after she & boyfriend had looked at several ratty Fiestas, Clios, Saxos etc and has done 10k miles since it was bought with only one failure to proceed since (original 10yo battery died during the freezing conditions just before christmas).

So far I've replaced 1 drivers door hinge (passenger ones are getting sloppy) and the "green" temperature probe, it's been a cracking little car for her, great on juice and handles the 85 mile round trip to Uni every day without hassle, and yes, I've had an indicated ton out of her on the bypass(?)

This is probably the wrong place to post a couple of questions, bear with me 'til I navigate my way round the forum but here goes:-

Haynes don't do a manual, can anyone point me in the right direction? disc? download? is the Polo one of any use?

The drivers door lock is playing up, the key doesn't do anything as though a link somewhere is broken, I've had the upper card off and peeled back the membrane but can't see anything obvious, can anyone suggest what's gone and maybe supply a photo or 2.

cheers all

Max

Edited by 650max

VW use a system called ELSAWIN which can be found on certain auction sites, thats a bit like a haynes manual but covers pretty much every car VW have made in the last 20 years ;)

As for your doorlock - maybe try this link see if there is anything in there that could help you:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=73901&st=0&p=875277&fromsearch=1entry875277

Welcome to the Forum ;)

Thanks for the replies folks

John West Bear, thanks for the heads up, I will have a look for the manual and thanks for the link about the handle repair, I assume the bolt that holds the handle in is the cap-head behind the plastic blanking plug?

I'm in Whitehaven BTW, the car lives on The Moor with step daughter, oh and Sara, we share a birthday, only 21 years apart!

Max

Edited by 650max

just noticed this thread

sorry to hijack but thort id add another comment from another fellow cumbrian :)