Hi

John West Bear

Hey,

Thought I would introduce myself. I have just recently got a Lupo GTi and also own a classic Beetle (Which is going up for sale soon). Already had a few problems with the car so will no doubt be picking some brains. I've owned plenty of VWs in the past including Mark 1/2/3 Golfs and Beetles.

Any guys down South on here? Seems to be alot of people in the midlands.

A couple of pictures below:

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Gary

Edited by John West Bear

Hey,

Thought I would introduce myself. I have just recently got a Lupo GTi and also own a classic Beetle (Which is going up for sale soon). Already had a few problems with the car so will no doubt be picking some brains. I've owned plenty of VWs in the past including Mark 1/2/3 Golfs and Beetles.

Any guys down South on here? Seems to be alot of people in the midlands.

A couple of pictures below:

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Gary

Welcome where did u get the Gti from was it some bloke in Wales ? if it is that might explain why you are having problems, hopefully you can get thing sorted plenty of knowledge on here

No I got it from a guy in Norfolk - The car was playing up not starting properly in the mornings - Ended up changing the battery, leads and coil pack and were onto a winner. The car was accident damaged in the past as well I believe but the repair was done in a VW garage so its as good as new. But meant that it was cheaper then most and the mileage is pretty low as well for its year so overall even with the battery expense more then happy with it.

The drivers side window is a bit weird as well sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't got a mind of its own - Will probably test the switch and see what is happening there.

On a seperate issue the Beetle is proper having a hissy fit - Drivers side door is stuck solid ended up having to cut the rear quarter light window out and climb through. And the Battery is knackered on that as well - So you can see having a good week on the car front :lol: