moan whinge grumble

Fran

bloody lupo - its january, and guaranteed something goes wrong

went to start her up yesterday afternoon - no go

took about 3 attempts and constant revving to evetually get her to cough into life

anyone else had similar probs?? nothing wrong since but getting my mate from the stealers to look over it next weekend

for an engine to work u need 3 things:

Fuel

Ignigtion

Oxygen

So start with fuel, u got fuel going to engine?

Are u getting a gd spark? take all out stick them on engine casing are they all sparking gd (they may have worn im guessing this ur problem) are they the right ones for the weather? b*kes like to have 2 sets, different gaps etc.. 1 set for winter 1 set for summer.

Have u got compressed air in ur cyclinder?

They the things to check. But im guessing its ur plugs being cold and all!

or it could be the same as my sisters car , it gets tempremental some times ( a bit like her ) and what happends is ( well with her car ) the thing doesnt want to start , turns out what it is , when the car has only been used for a short trip and its cold what happends is that the fuel pump accidentally floods the engine as it is turned off , then when u go to restart it , it wont go , the remedy in her case is take the fuel pump fuse out and then start the car ( it will fire eventually ) and then let it run untill it dies of lack of fuel , then just fire the fuse back in an it works fine ! hope that helps fran , sometimes its daft things like that

yeah my matiz did that once and that solved the proble on my matiz fuel pump fuse easiest to take out so i took it out when i went on holiday to to stop no one nickin it!

its ma sister micra that does it all the time , but its that easy to so what i did was i have showed her what to do so she can fix it herself rather than waiting ages on a breakdown guy coming all the way out to do the same thing , and she is most definatly not car minded and she can do it so ...

yeah the car would turn over fine just that sometimes theres to much fuel in the chamber and theres not enough air in the mix for it to ignite , and the car would run fine untill that point , only thing is the longer u have it ticking over hte more fuel gets fired in making it even harder to start ( if it is the self flooding problem )