HELP,, still no answers

TCS

This is a follow on from my other post MISFIRE.....

Okay I have fitted NGK plugs, and they were longer than the previous ones! Yes it goes better, more power but it still stutters.

I have had it on a diag machine and showed nothing ? but it was a french mechanic

BUT

I have noticed the temp guage, it is on 70 most of the time, and I know thats not right.

I made the first trip with new plugs this morning, seemed a lot better, the temp went to 90,, I stopped for some ciggies and when I carries on I noticed the temp was 70!!!! and running not as good,,,, after a few hours parked I came back and went on my way again, the temp was at 70 so I turned the ignition on and off while driving and the temp went to about 80is, then I had a 5 mile descent and the temp went to cold!!!!!!

WTF,,, I live in france , and you should try getting anything sorted here, the dealers are as helpful as a bad aid on a severed limb,, they want over a tenner for one plug! it is bad here to get anything competantly done and the costs are so high its not worth fixing the little lupo at a garage here,

To echo the above, the temp sensor looks to be playing up.

It could well be telling your ECU its -50 so its pouring in fuel like there is no tomorrow, so it doesnt burn properly. Have you noticed increased fuel consumption?

Misfiring could also be due to the lambda/o2 sensors, as that can make the car stutter at low revs or in idle. But that would show up on the diagnostics normally.

Misfiring could also be due to the lambda/o2 sensors, as that can make the car stutter at low revs or in idle. But that would show up on the diagnostics normally.

Cheers guys, I think it is the temp sensor also, makes sense.. the diagnostic showed up clean also.. Just need to locate where it is and check the colour as I need to order it from the UK. They want 12 quid for one spark plug here!!!!!!!!! from the dealers, the prices are crazy..

Cheers guys, I think it is the temp sensor also, makes sense.. the diagnostic showed up clean also.. Just need to locate where it is and check the colour as I need to order it from the UK. They want 12 quid for one spark plug here!!!!!!!!! from the dealers, the prices are crazy..

If it would make it easier, I can order it and forward it on to you if you want. It will be worth asking LupoBoz if he will post to werever you are

If it would make it easier, I can order it and forward it on to you if you want. It will be worth asking LupoBoz if he will post to werever you are

Thankyou, that is really kind of you to offer,, I bought some NGKs from a car shop here, 6 euros each, but still the same,,,

I have however noticed a seal has gone from the rocker cover to the oil cap, so no seal to the engine, maybe this could be it?

Also need a temp sensor, the engine is an AHT 6X1 ,,sorry buy I dont know who lupoboz is?

thanks again

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=67697&st=1000

^

LupoBoz works at a dealer, and supplies OEM parts at very good prices.

Im not sure about the oil cap seal, is there definatley something missing? I dont have a 1.0 so Im not sure what should be there.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=67697&st=1000

^

LupoBoz works at a dealer, and supplies OEM parts at very good prices.

Im not sure about the oil cap seal, is there definatley something missing? I dont have a 1.0 so Im not sure what should be there.

Okay many thanks thats great,,,I actually bought a coolant sensor today from here, 38 euros!! robbing b*******s...!!!

Yes there has to be something missing as the cap does not seal onto the rocker cover, I have made a post asking for help about it but I have had no replies, It has to be wrong as it is like running without a cap on,

Okay many thanks thats great,,,I actually bought a coolant sensor today from here, 38 euros!! robbing b*******s...!!!

Yes there has to be something missing as the cap does not seal onto the rocker cover, I have made a post asking for help about it but I have had no replies, It has to be wrong as it is like running without a cap on,

I have fitted the sensor, fitted the oil cap rubbers and cleaned the injectors,,,it is still the same,,,scrapheap challenge !!!!