Request pleasee

clicks

Hello there,

Was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to lower my loop by 60mm and paint the wheels black and windows dark on rear and slightly dark on front. Also remove bumpstrips :)

34.jpg

Thanks

Wow that looks better than I expected. Hopefully getting 60mm springs and then wheels are going black (or maybe something not as dark, any ideas?) Dont want to go over the top! Will post pics when it is in progress!

Many thanks.

Anthracite Black would look best like in the photoshop, i tried total black, but it didnt suit. SO it would need a slight tint on grey and slight half matt effect.

If u r going to get sum1 to spray them 4 u, print out the pic and get them to colour match it.

And if you can afford it, definately go for coilovers for a 60mm drop, much less likely to damage the shocks then, they will hold, but not for heavy cornering use.

Also, maybe not advisable, but u can remove the sump guard to give yourself more clearance over speedbumps, cos any drop over 35mm could possibly scrape on the tallest speedbumps (i measured it myself!).

Yup I thought black black wouldnt look too good. That colour is perfect!

As for coilovers, I am on a tight budget at the moment. Will get some once I get a proper job lol :) The will be used as a daily, so cruising it is! And no sharp cornering unless it absoloutely has to be done, surely once in a while cant hurt? lol.

Yes, to be honest its standard at the moment and getting it up my driveway straight is an issue. So that may have to happen!

Many thanks for your help!

Clicks

Surely with the car looking like that, u wouldnt want it on the driveway, u wud leave it on the road where people could goggle at it lol.

im sure a small amount of enthusiastic driving couldnt hurt it if all parts are in good order. But to be safe, dont forget to inform the insurance company in case something did happen...

Maybe tinted lights may suit it too... but not a priority, instructions on the "how to" on the forum.

U should think lower, bump-strips, wheels, then tints, then headlights.

Then if u feel confident and flush after all that, a retrimmed dark grey headlining and sunvisors and rear view mirror etc in the same as the roof.

Lol true say. I was going to find out from insurance how much they would rip me off if I was to get the springs before I put them on. How much would I be looking at roughly or does it depend on individual insurance companies? I've got tinted rear lights, the front are coming too but they are smoked from the inside the bottom bit if you get what i'm trying to say lol.

I was thinking to give it the all black look, tinted, black wheels, smoked headlights and fog lights and replace grill with FK badgeless.

And for the time being thats it. Once I start all this I will keep you posted with the progress!

Clicks

dont get rid of the badge, keep it proud to be a vdubmachine. tho u cud matt-black it.

i told my insurance company that my coilovers were to reduce body roll in the car to increase comfort whilst driving, i told them that it provides no obvious performance increase...

...they told me it will cost me nothing.

so try to say the same thing, but it will depend on the company, but as long as you also tell them that the springs are a TUV approved product, then they will know that the quality is roughly equal to OEM. Dont tell them how much you intend to lower, just say this:

"I am intending to install some stiffer suspension springs on my car to improve ride comfort by reducing bodyroll. This will have no direct performance increase on the car. The aftermarket product is fully TUV approved, and so of a high quality. Would you be able to let me know if this would affect my policy in any way?"

Good luck.