GTI for sale

dickstar

As you may know I am in the process of searching for a 2002 silver GTI with low miles and air. A month ago I looked at a car in Hereford which appeared to be absolutely mint.

When I arrived it was 4 month out of service date (which if I am not mistaken invalidates the warranty!!!). In addition the central locking wasnt working! (correct me if im wrong but when you press the key all the doors are supposed to open??). On top of this the car appeared to have done loads of miles in the first few months of life, then virtually none for nearly a year then 3000 in three months.

When I saw the car it just did not have the air of been a well looked after GTI (which they all should be!)

I was a little suprised to see what appears to be the same car on the VW website as an approved car! Dont want to get done for slander but the car I saw certainly was not well loved!

Tom

Don't buy L88 UPO either, that was my well abused example wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well looked after, but it saw some harder times over the south of wales - took it like a good 'un though! Tough as boots, they are.

As for the CL, it opens one door (drivers) with one press, both with 2.

Autotrader is pretty dry too:

2002 VOLKSWAGEN LUPO 1.6 GTi 3dr Hatchback

Moon Silver,Full VWSH,11 months warrantee remaining, ABS, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Central locking, Dual airbags. CD,E/`windows-mirrors`, rear wash/wipe,zenon. £9595 (Somerset) Email for more photos.5 speed. John@divine57.freeserve.co.uk. 11200 miles. £9595.

And

2001 VOLKSWAGEN LUPO 1.6 GTi 3dr Hatchback

51 Plate Immaculate car 6 Speed Xenon Lights E/S/R E/W Remote C/L Warranty Oct FSH CD Open 2 Offers. 20000 miles. £8700 .

Yeah I have posted before. Cheers for the advice on L88 UPO. I think prices are high at the mo, but nothing is really selling, lots of cars have been on the trader since late december. Bearing parker and blck book in mind id say most cars are about 1 - 2000 over list.

Lots of dealers and privates who think their motors are worth x amount, but they are just not selling. Prices may not fall but the cars that are for sale are lining themselves up for a hit. Got my eye on one or two which have already agreed to drop a grand for cash!

He who laughs last laughs loudest

TD

Get chasing them cars mate, I've found two that are relatively close two what you want, though it looks like you may have to sacrifice air.

One thing to try. Find a vw dealer you like (hard i know) and go talk to someone usefull in the used car department. Tell them what you want, tell them you've got the cash ready, and they'll find one. Hopefully.

Yeah but no air! nice example though. Every dealer I ring has dropped about a grand if I offer cashand no trade. It also helps playing dealer against dealer. Every private car I ring thinks thats what its worth, but they have all still got them for sale so clearly thats not what its worth!! I dunno, I guess the quest must go on!!

TD

Yeah really want air

Not so much for me but for my chick. Plus every car I have driven before has had air and I use it a fair bit so I think I would miss it.

Shame really cos I could have had at least half a dozen 02 plate with between 5 and 15000 for 9000 or less without air.

So I guess im making a rod for my own back and I should just make do, but I carnt cos I know as soon as I sacrifice it one will turn up which is exactly what I want.

Im just gonna have to kep on hunting high and low!! Would like it soon though cos want to race my brother in his 61 cal look bug with an 1800 twin webered engine. So long as ive got one for bug jam to race all the antique's at santa pod in I will be more than happy.

well mate we all have our own preferences, i have friends who have air in their cars and wouldnt be without it now, but me personally in my position wish i had gone for leather instead of air, but you never know when the weather starts warming up it may well come in handy for me... u wait for the right one to come up biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Jesus theres some weird prices on these things at the moment:

Model: Lupo Price: £14,995

Body Style: Hatchback Mileage: 3,000

Trim: GTI Date registered: JAN 2004

Engine Size: 1.6 Registration: VF53 EOD

Fuel Type: Petrol Colour: Tornado Red

Transmission: Manual Interior Colour: black

Interior Material: cloth

Doesn't mention air con, but even with, thats more than the car bloody lists for! Surely thats a `mis-print`.

This seems to me to be one of the only decent priced ones around, but again, no air con and its one of the original gti's.

2001 Volkswagen Lupo GTI, 2001, Y

reg. silver metallic, special alloys, e/windows, e/mirrors, remote alarm, fsh, exceptional, dealer facilities available. £7,250.

Mr Berkley

Tel: (01892) 516622 or (07768) 890530

Distance: 158 miles

Price: £7,250

What happened about the one with parking sensors, that was a bargin.

I swear prices have risen since I was looking at used ones last year.

But heres a gem I've found, get some money off this and it'd be perfect, only downer is its red. (But everyone knows red is better than silver biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />)

2001 VW LUPO 1.6 GTi 3dr,

Brilliant Red, 13195 miles, Rear Spoiler, Electric Door Mirrors, Power Steering, Electric Front Windows, Alloy Wheels, Alarm, Air Conditioning, `Anti-lock` Brakes, Central Locking, Twin Airbags£8599. Low rate finance from 4.85% flat.9.9%apr nil deposit available.

availableCar SupermarketDealer's WebsiteDealer's Location

Tel: 0870 4608625

Distance: 121 miles

Price: £8,599

i remember thinking how over priced GTi's where when i was looking last July i nearly gave up and kept my sport. In the end i found one that had been exchanged with 200 miles on it as the guy didn’t like it (how he couldn’t I don’t know). This is the site I used to find it:- http://www.allapprovedcars.com/UsedCar....ntext=1 try it...

Yeah prices are high at the mo, but bargains are rife to be had. they do exist the parking sensor mobile been a good example but just didnt get on with the guy selling it! There are also lots of vastly over priced examples, but as I said, they just simply are not selling, not even the cheaper ones.

Its all well and good to want the big bucks, and for the dealrers to turn around and say "its a rare car so that comes at a premium" but they are still sitting on driveways and fourcourts!!! thats the botom line!!!

they are a premium car and they are a great car, but im not gonna pay over the odds for a car which lets face it is expensive anyway. Id say its a good time to be a buyer right now cos everyone outthere selling one has still got it and I know if it where me I would be getting mighty itchy feet after a month or two with no sale!!!

TD