Strange Fault

Bengti

Hi Guys n Girls,

I have a strange problem with my Polo Gti. We share same engines so I thought I would drop it in here.

We you start the car revs on its own. It flutters between 500 and nearly 2000rpm then after a few seconds it settles just under 1000rpm like it should. But when you press down the accelerator pedal to say 3000rpm the car revs up to the 3000rpm then drops down to 500rpm and repeats the flutters again. Once you have kangaroo out the park and driven down the road for about a 30 sec it goes away.

The car has been in the garage a few weeks ago for a service and they didn’t pick up on the problem as its only happens about twice to three times a week.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ben

Edited by Bengti

Could possibly be your maf sensor mate, or maybe something to do with your idle control, get it plugged in and see if any faults have been stored to lead you in the right direction.

Haha better!! Yeah thats what I'd do mate, don't think it sounds too crtitcal, possibly just a sensor on its way out or needs cleaning out, take it to a garage that can read fault codes and see what it says fella.