Help / Advise needed

dunk_c_uk

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone could help I've had my drivers wing mirror smashed (the whole thing not just the mirror) and need to replace it is it easy to take off the wing mirror ? - I've seen the thread about removing the actual mirror just not the whole thing didn't want to start it and then ge stuck half way :o)

Thanks in advance

Claire

(p.s if anyone in Chester knows a cheap place to get my back box done that would be appreciated also ;o) )

Do you have electric mirrors? If so it will be a little different.

1. Prise manual adjuster knob off (not for electric)

2. Prise of triangular door trim from which the adjuster protrudes (if yo have one)

3. Look inside and you'll see 1 (I think) torx bolt and a nut which screws over the cable housing. Remove both whilst someone supports the mirror on the outside.

4. When nut and bolt have been removed carefully witdraw the mirror and cables from the door.

If you have elcetric mirrors there will be cables to be disconnected somewhere.

To refit it's just the reverse but make sure the foam and the mirror are correctly mounted and held in place by another before you tighten.

You get a set of torx drivers or star keys, like allen keys, from Halfords which will be suitable for this and many other light tasks.