VW CD Changer Connectivity

I am trying to find out if there is an adaptor to connect my CD changer.

FIG1.JPG

The above plug comes out into my boot with two phono plugs.

FIG2.JPG

The above comes from the VW CD changer. Is there anyway of getting this to work?

You don't say which make your CD changer is, but there may be an adaptor which allows you to connect the two different types of plug...

Try here...

...but there may not be.

It is a VW standard Panasonic CX-CV1620LZ (3B0 035 111B )

Edited by kermit

the plug in the top looks very much like a Sony databus cable, esp with it having a set of phono leads with it. I have one similar that connects a sony headunit to a minidisc autochanger for controlling the unit.

What head unit do you have fitted?

If it's a Gamma headunit, then you'll probably need something akin to this which will plug directly into the changer and head unit. You shouldn't need the phono leads with this cable.

the plug in the top looks very much like a Sony databus cable, esp with it having a set of phono leads with it. I have one similar that connects a sony headunit to a minidisc autochanger for controlling the unit.

What head unit do you have fitted?

If it's a Gamma headunit, then you'll probably need something akin to this which will plug directly into the changer and head unit. You shouldn't need the phono leads with this cable.

Thank you, my head-unit is the Beta.

Thank you, my head-unit is the Beta.

Beta and Gamma use the same changer connectors, so shouldn't be a problem. Just to make you aware, the beta only has the front two channels, and doesn't support pre-outs if you want to fit an amp/more speakers.

It's a direct swap if you want to fit a Gamma head unit, it's what I did (paid about 50 quid for one with the code).

I'm guessing that a previous owner has had a sony headunit/changer fitted at some point, then returned the car to standard but didn't take the cables out, hence why you've got them hanging around. The databus cable used to be about 50 quid to buy new, iirc.