Sound System And Speaker Size!

So Bought My Gti And It Had The Kenwood Dnx7200 Head Unit In, Wanting Too Minimalise Weight In The Car Was Goin Too Put In The Kenwood KSC-SW01 Under Seat Sub.... SCHWING! And Obv A 4Channel Amp And Upgrade The Front And Rear Speakers Keeping It All Kenwood, Now What Size Are The Front And Rear Speakers? Are They 16cm Or 17cm?? And If I Bought The Either Or Would They Fit Into The Othere I.e 16cm Fit 17cm And Vice Versa...

Edited by DH_GTi

They are 16.5's.

But you need to buy or make an adapter spacer to get them to fit correctly.

Tbh their is no point upgrading the rear speakers as it doesnt really do much for the sound anyways.

Tbh u can get much better sounding stuff than kenwood for the same price.

And you could get a really nice set of front comps an a nice amp, and you could do away with the sub all together. Or get some hefty mid bass drivers in the rear speaker locations

They are 16.5's.

But you need to buy or make an adapter spacer to get them to fit correctly.

Tbh their is no point upgrading the rear speakers as it doesnt really do much for the sound anyways.

Tbh u can get much better sounding stuff than kenwood for the same price.

And you could get a really nice set of front comps an a nice amp, and you could do away with the sub all together. Or get some hefty mid bass drivers in the rear speaker locations

Wow You Sound Pretty Clued Up On Your Sound TBH :L Whats Comps?

front componants, like the ones fitted in the lupo. They have a separate midbass and tweeter.

Cheers For All The Advice Man :-D Will Look Further Into It As I Still Want Too Get The Black Hawk Serviced And Roof Respray ASAP :-D