ECU Light

The ECU light keeps flagging up on my dash on my sport, it used to come on itermittently and eventually stayed on, the fault was the lambda sensor bank 1, this has now been replaced with a brand new 1, 3 weeks later its come back on tonight, ive not had chance to read the fault code, but does any1 else have a problem with ther ECU light coming on, wen the car runs fine, idles fine and pulls well, i know the sports are prone to problems more than other specs, its driving me :wacko:

cheers

Mine is on just now. Been told it's something to do with the EGR valve. Still not got it fixed, but it appears to be running fine. Am waiting on my mechanic to get a replacement and get it fitted.

Last time i had it read was at awsome gti, it came back with the lambda sensor fault twice and 2 other faults, with the injectors having an intermittent fault on cylinders 1 and 3, and thers no way it has a missfire, its not down on power at all, and like i sed above pulls and idles fine, il just have to read it in the morning and take it from ther :angry:

cheers for the info

i have known those universal none genuine lamba sensors to bring faults back, and genuine ones fix it straight away, not sure if awesome fit them or not.

if your having egr issues dont use supermarket fuel it causes more carbon build up.

Bit of a problem where i live, we have Tesco, Asda and Morrisons. That's it.