High level brake light

JaseLupoGTi

Ok my high level brake light does'nt work at all, due to water ingress i understand, phoned veedub hoping for a warrenty claim, no luck with that after a lengthy argument over 'is it part of the bodywork', i know theres a guide to taking the spoiler off and fixing the light, someone point me in the right direction?, gonna have a bash at fixing it if we get some good weather.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem but couldn't find a thread about it.

If someone has a "how to" to fix the light could you point us both in the right direction please.

Or just any tips would be good.

Thanks

Followed my Lupo when the girlfriend was driving the other day, turns out my high level light works but is REALLY dim.

I could only see it when parked behind the car in traffic.

What could cause dim LED's like that?

Cheers

With help from my dad and his dremel and abit of elbow grease, my high level brake light has now been replaced at only the cost of a new high level light (40 quid VW), just a note to anyone thinking of doing this, you will have to make the light fit, as i think the design changed, the new design does'nt fit the spoiler, you have to grind down plastic on the left and right of the light with the dremel to get a snug fit, and even then water can still get in as the seal that comes with the light is piss poor, clear silicone is needed to finish off the seal, its now unlikely my spoiler will ever leak again. Unfortunately i did'nt get any pictures at the time, but it is possible to fix the high level quite easily.

Jase