Oil light

Alright, i've got a 1 litre lupo and the light to check my oil keeps on coming up. I've checked the oil 3 different times and the oil is filled right up? I did just leave it alone (dumb i know) now every now and again me and the misses can smell smoke? Any ideas what this could be?

It not telling you the level is low, its telling you the oil pressure is low. Could just be a dodgy sensor, but could be more serious.

Does it come on randomly or at certain RPM etc?

Your dashboard should have TWO oil lights. A Yellow one, and a RED one.

The red one is oil pressure. The yellow one is oil Level (if it has an oil level sensor)

In my experience its better not to fill Lupo's right up to the max. This usually results in the crankcase breather not coping and then it burns oil (your blue smoke). You might want to check for gunking (mayo / yellowy stuff) in your breather pipe / throttle body / air filter box. Try emptying some oil out or renewing the oil but just up to half way up the dipstick and see how you get on with that. Hope this helps.