Wheel Hub

Hi, i took my alloy off tonight and two of the wheel bolts were completely stripped and un-useable, the other two were fine, i tried to put new bolts into the holes with the wheel off and it just stripped those aswel, can you re-thread hubs, or do u just have to buy new? Any idea of price?

thanks

Id try a breakers first for one , they should be cheap enough from there , if not you could try the gsf or eurocarparts websites ?

either go the route of replacing the hub or if you know anyone from a mechanical background or engineering backround see if you can get hold of a tap or thread restorerand try clean up the threads and see how they look, if not to bad i would refit the wheel nuts with a touch of thread lock and make sure you torque the wheels up not use a bar. aslong as they torque ok you should be fine.

Yeh i think i will replace it just to be safe, cant understand how its has hapened, i dont have my wheels off and on the car alot, the only thing is with the alloys the spigot ring is slightly tight and you some time have to tighten the bolts up to get the wheel on, rather than just placing the wheel on an tighening the nuts, i do tighten the wheels up with a torque bar and dont cross thread the bolts

have you tried cleaning up the hub and inside with a wire brush? and apply copper grease shouldnt have to pull the wheels on with the nuts.

No ive just used coppergrease to try and lubricate the hole, but i will try that first, the spiggot rings i have are wrong size i have 56.6, insted of 57.1, but ive ordered some and should be here in afew days, along with new wheel bolts, and lock nuts.

im lowered 60mm at the front and have 15inch alloys 6.5wide offset 38 with 195/45 tyres that have started to catch at the front should this be hapening?