ECU???

Daviegti

For the peeps running Emerald k3 ecu, Caspergti is the only one i can find the now. :lol:

I was wondering could i wire up the ECU the now, set it up and use the car till winter when hopefully ill strip it and rebuild the topend with the Jenveys Itb's then get it mapped for them???

Reason for this is

1, May change my mind and charge it, Depends on me getting a house or not,

2, May get a house and wont be able to do the ITB conversion atall,

I was wondering this because i was just goin to get it mapped but have read the standard ECU has limits, So could i get more out off the engine with the Emerald K3?

I know it sounds alot of bother but im a complicated guy and kinda want to see how much i can get out of the standard engine before dramatic no goin back changes. :lol:

Thanks for any help that i recive on this matter,

David

For the peeps running Emerald k3 ecu, Caspergti is the only one i can find the now. :lol:

I was wondering could i wire up the ECU the now, set it up and use the car till winter when hopefully ill strip it and rebuild the topend with the Jenveys Itb's then get it mapped for them???

Reason for this is

I was wondering this because i was just goin to get it mapped but have read the standard ECU has limits, So could i get more out off the engine with the Emerald K3?

I know it sounds alot of bother but im a complicated guy and kinda want to see how much i can get out of the standard engine before dramatic no goin back changes. :lol:

David

Mapping costs would make it very expensive to do.

Mapping costs would make it very expensive to do.

Mapping puts fear into people, see if u sit read and understand whats it about what needs to be what and when its kinda easy. :lol: Its like wiring people get scared and don't touch it but if u know what ur doing and u understand its easy. If someone else can do it how can't i?

Only thing is a rolling road which i lack of :lol:

Btw im a diagnostic technican and fully qualified mechanic, so its just another learning process :lol:

Reason for this is

David

that's a hell of a lot of work and money to spend. For one using the emerald with flyby wire throttle is very difficult and I think there is only one company that produce an emulator for the throttle to work. I know that is specifically designed for track use only and not reccomended or tested on road cars.

The emerald k3 is soon if not now superseeded by the k6.

As for your mapping comment. If it was easy everyone would do it. I've been learning with my car for nearly a year now and it's still not right. I guarantee if your doing it for the first time you will need help from someone who knows what there doing. As the emerald has no knock control, you have to know exactly what your doing with ignition timing or it's really not worth the time and effort you put in.

Tbh, the set up for the emerald is different for forced induction and for tbs so to be honest it's really not worth doing untill the base for the need for the standalone is in place.

John

that's a hell of a lot of work and money to spend. For one using the emerald with flyby wire throttle is very difficult and I think there is only one company that produce an emulator for the throttle to work. I know that is specifically designed for track use only and not reccomended or tested on road cars.

The emerald k3 is soon if not now superseeded by the k6.

As for your mapping comment. If it was easy everyone would do it. I've been learning with my car for nearly a year now and it's still not right. I guarantee if your doing it for the first time you will need help from someone who knows what there doing. As the emerald has no knock control, you have to know exactly what your doing with ignition timing or it's really not worth the time and effort you put in.

Tbh, the set up for the emerald is different for forced induction and for tbs so to be honest it's really not worth doing untill the base for the need for the standalone is in place.

John

Kool kool, Just wondered if i could get a gain ive aquired a second hand k3 at not alot of cost so was bored see what i could do. :lol: didn't even think bout fly by wire, supose ill just wait till i have the cash, As for mapping even the best have to learn so why can't i?? Not saying its bang bang easy but if u sit n put ur mind to it study the stuff it won't be that bad.