HP on cars.....

Sara

Hi, my fella has been looking at a new car but sadly the owner still has outstanding finance on it, around £7500 I believe. The owner really likes my fella car and would like to do a deal/swap. He hasn't got the money to pay off the rest of it, and is currently looking for a loan to pay it off, but with every search they say he's searching too much and they refuse him :wacko: is there any way to transfer the hp over or any other options???

I think he already has to see if he can turn it into a personal loan but no joy.... its just they want to sort it all out asap but sadly the hp is in the way! he is seeing if he can get some money from family to pay it off early. He's my bf mate too lol

cheers, will see what happens! at the total other end of the scale and the last option was going to be my bf would lend the money to him, but they would have to sign up a contact by solicitors etc.... so it would cover my bf if anything would happen! but as I said that would be the very very last resort!

Seems extreme, but that seems like an easy option.

UNLESS, your BF buys his car, his mate pays off the HP, THEN applies for a loan, will probably have a better chance without finance against his name.