craigg!!

hi. im currently looking at selling my mk6 fiesta zetec-s and getting a lupo gti, im just looking for a bit of advice on what to look for and if anyone can suggest any decent ones for sale.

thanks craig

Just go for what you like mate. Take the advice on board but in the end just do what makes you happiest with your purchase its gonna be your car after all. Going on whats good with the GTi I can't really say I drive a oner.

There are always many Lupo GTI's for sale, keep a look out on Pistonheads classifieds, eBay or on the cars for sale section on here.

Overall Lupo GTI's are very reliable cars and only have a few common problems, like:

Problems with bubbling rear spoilers and third brake light failing,

Rust on the roof/roof gutters,

Starter motor squealing on the overrun (only annoying sound, no mechanical issue),

Problems with the xenon headlights (can be costly to replace)

Problems with door lock/central locking which is a common VW issue.

Other than that, like any car, check the service history. Cambelt's should be changed every 40k or 4 years (which ever is sooner), waterpump/tensioners should be changed at the same time as the belt, make sure all the gears are there on the gearbox. Check the body panels for damage.

Whats your budget? Any particular spec required?