Blower Controls "2" & "3" Not Working?

Hey everyone...

Endured this problem a while, but I'd like to get it sorted.. first I was wondering if anyones had a similar problem?

The Problem: The "2" and "3" setting on my fan-blower control do not make the car emit the right "blow" lol... "1" and "4" are fine... and I remember "3" just dying out one day whilst driving.

Any ideas?.. :coffee:

Edited by Xdwardo

Ooh thanks mate. I dont suppose you could elaborate on that a bit? Would I source the Resistor Pack from VW?

passenger side foot well , look upwards behind the dash tray you will see a plug and a tray 3 or 4 screws drops the tray say 5" by 2" ish the pack is in this part.

passenger side foot well , look upwards behind the dash tray you will see a plug and a tray 3 or 4 screws drops the tray say 5" by 2" ish the pack is in this part.

Thanks dude, i'll have a look :D

Just found this useful thread in the depths of the forum, if anyone else has a similar problem.

Quoted from kmurphy "Just in relation to my above question, i didnt get any feedback from this of where the above resistor was located, i done a quick search under the dash and located it simply in the passenger footwell, up in the corner under the lower pocket, simply above the small cover thats under their. its held on by two small bolts and their is a connection going in. I took off the resistor and noticed it rusty and cracked, meaning that was the reason my heater would not work on number 1 - 3 . I purchased another resistor pack on ebay, it was off a VW Polo 2001, but it had the same part number as the Lupo, it fitted straight on. simple job, took 10 mins. Hope this helps others who have the same problem of the heater fan not working on number 1 - 3. The part cost 12 pound, buy second hand. The part number is 1J0 819 022 A."

Helpful thread...

I guess i'll have a look at the pack under the dash and see what state it's in. If I cant get it working again, i'll keep my eye out for a Resistor Pack on Ebay.

Edited by Xdwardo