Fookin pot holes

Right, last night was driving home when i hit a huge pot hole. was a massive bang but seemed okay.

Was a bit noisy this morning so i thought it could be the front suspension, popped the hood this morning and the part of the suspension and top mount has come out slightly hit the underside of the hood looks pretty bad.

Question is tho, can this be pushed back in and top mont put back on or is it needing a new collie??

Any advise would be great because my friend is suppose to be buying my loop off me and needs sorting :(

Cheers chris

Would still be cheaper for the local authorities to pay out on all sucessful claims than to dig up all the roads in the UK to put a yellow layer in.

I'm not sure that would really be that good as one usually hits potholes when travelling in a line of traffic, in the dark or in some cases when the option is to hit something else or go for the pothole.

Did you get photo's of the pothole and the damage and send it to your local authority with a claim? If not I would do it asap and then follow it up with a quote for the repairs to be carried out. (sorry just noticed you said already!)

Or any pothole you see, spray with flourecent yellow.

On a serious note. My boss destroyed his alloy and damaged his brakes and suspension after hitting a pot hole. Few pics later, and every penny was paid for.

Nope. He got two quotes from garages, for genuine suspension and brake parts, and a brand new alloy and tyre all from the stealers. He paid out for it, then claimed back.

Will hopefully be doing this, but i hope its something i can fix because my mate is suppose to be buying it off me soon. Have had a quick look and touchwood its only the suspension and top mount thats come out. im hope the spring aint broke :angry2:

went back and looked at the pothole and guess what...? its been filled in already!!! why could it not have been filled a day earlier!!! sods law! so not going to be able to claim anything now. any one have a ta technix front driverside coilie going spare by any chance?!