Front speakers?

Door_1980

Its easy. Take the door card off. Drill the rivits out of the old speakers and take them off. use 18mm mdf rings off ebay (165mm in size) and secure them to the door. secure your new speakers to the door and use the existing wiring.

Thats the most basic and easiest way to do it.

You have to remember though you have tweeters in the dash.

My mate had a mk1 rosa. With a new h/u and sub, running standard front speakers it sounded great.

Great what size tweeters would I need mate?

Also how do I secure the mdf rings to the door?

Sorry very new to all this :blush:

Edited by Russwcsims

Tweeters come in what ever size they are made, you have to make adaptors to make them fit in the desired space.

I've change the door speakers, tweeters, rewired, and amped my front speakers up.

When you buy the new speakers, if they have a seperate tweeter then they are called 'componants'. You could buy speakers that have it all in one and just put these in your door and get rid of you dash tweeters if you liked, this wouldnt sound as good though.

you attach the mdf to the door with srews :)

Have a look at my cars thread, i've got some photos of when i did mine in there... but its a lupo not a mk1 arosa.

TBH though pal, you may as well just stick to your standard speakers if you not going to be amping the new ones up as you won't see a great difference i dont think.

Edit: Screws not srews :P

Edited by marcusgrant

Tweeters come in what ever size they are made, you have to make adaptors to make them fit in the desired space.

I've change the door speakers, tweeters, rewired, and amped my front speakers up.

When you buy the new speakers, if they have a seperate tweeter then they are called 'componants'. You could buy speakers that have it all in one and just put these in your door and get rid of you dash tweeters if you liked, this wouldnt sound as good though.

you attach the mdf to the door with srews :)

Have a look at my cars thread, i've got some photos of when i did mine in there... but its a lupo not a mk1 arosa.

TBH though pal, you may as well just stick to your standard speakers if you not going to be amping the new ones up as you won't see a great difference i dont think.

Edit: Screws not srews :P

Yeah I wont be amping mate, thanks for your help.. appreciate it.

here lad its pretty easy to do i have a mk1 arosa and it took me a day in all but i didn know about the rivits or that i would need rings lol i used some ald plastic and cut the rings outa that. i have 240 watt in the doors sounds well better than what was there the tweeters tho as yet i haven had the time to change them but i will get to it at some point............ but marcusgrant.. is right with a sub in the car the standerds work well i have a 1000watt kicker in running a 450 watt fusion amp and the standered door lads and tweeters sounds really well..........