EPC Light

jazzblue

Can anyone help????

1.0 MPi

When Driving and the engine comes under load while accelerating the EPC light comes on. If you decelerate for a short time the light goes out again but returns again if you accelerate hard again (its ok if you nurse it gently). Also sometimes at tickover the engine seems to run rough this has just started today. Perfomance in't affected. But ocasionally when the light comes on the car seems to go better.

The cars barely done 56k.

what could be causing it??

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help????

1.0 MPi

When Driving and the engine comes under load while accelerating the EPC light comes on. If you decelerate for a short time the light goes out again but returns again if you accelerate hard again (its ok if you nurse it gently). Also sometimes at tickover the engine seems to run rough this has just started today. Perfomance in't affected. But ocasionally when the light comes on the car seems to go better.

The cars barely done 56k.

what could be causing it??

have u had the battery out at any point? i did the starter on a bora 1.6, the epc light came on, even when i put my foot to the floor it wouldn't rev over 1500, it would rev stupid when under braking, i just drove it like i would normally and everything resetted, car works fine now, i think u just need to drive it for a bit and just wait for it to do its thing, if u have the car stereo code, disconnect the battery and reconnect it after a few mins and drive it until it resets, it worked for me, hope this helps

This happened me accept emission lamp came on ! Long story my car is pretty low and i didnt see the large bump in road i hit it so hard the car went slightly airborn. I then carried on driving and went to overtake a bus ! but my car coudlnt rev over 3.5 RPM. I pulled over had a look underneath a ht lead was slightly out ! i turned engine off and plugged back in ! Started up which took for ever ! Drove home and had a look in the morning car was fine ! then a warning lamp came on ! Took to vw they ran a test for free on diagonstics tool and had a error code for misfiring but he ran a test on emissions and it was fine ! so he just switched error off !

Sorry for long essay but thats what happened ! I would just take to VW and get them to check !