Lupo Wiper/Washers packed up

bakelentil

Trying to sort out washer/wiper problem on my daughters Deisel Lupo - both front and rear washers wipers have stopped working after recent snow and cold weather. Fuses are all intact, can't hear any motor/relay noises when using the wiper/washer stalk switch. Tried bridging the fuses with ammeter to see if anything was happening when stalk was moved but nothing. I'm guessing that the stalk is probably broken although I suppose it may be the relay(?). Where are the relays?!

Any help appreciated before garage rips me off. :(

Edited by bakelentil

My money is on the stalk. As it happens I have a spare one! PM me if you want it, or they are about £40 from VW (the indicator one is anyway)

How hard is it to change the stalk? mine has gone a bit stiff and clunky & wipers only seem to have one speed

PS plain 1.4 lupo (not sport) year 2000

Edited by M_G

Its fiddly, and a bit of patience is required but I did it myself. Airbag is a pain to get off though

What are the chances of me cocking it up and the airbag going off in my face?

(I am not a total numpty good with bikes just not experienced with cars)sod it I will order the bit and let you know how it goes :D