Removing ashtray

Hey folks,

Just wondering if there is a easy way to remove the ashtray from the center console?

I'm trying to wire up satnav to it from behind of it but I looked at the ashtray and I couldn't see any screws holding it in place.

Cheers for any help.

Stan

the ashtray itself just pulls out, the centre console is held in by the two under trays i think and two screws under them, theres also two plastic bolts under the gear gaitor.

i assume you have a lupo or an arosa mk2 the mk1 arosa is diferent. theres a button on the bottom of the ash tray that acts as a release.

the ashtray itself just pulls out, the centre console is held in by the two under trays i think and two screws under them, theres also two plastic bolts under the gear gaitor.

i assume you have a lupo or an arosa mk2 the mk1 arosa is diferent. theres a button on the bottom of the ash tray that acts as a release.

Thanks CopeyCupra,

So in order to get behind ashtray I need to remove the centre console? :(

Still confused about how to remove it tho, lol :lol:

Stan

Yep, need to take the console out.

screws under the gear gaitor(Cant remember), and the peice in front of the handbrake pulls off, some nuts under there.

Then the coin holder/slotted thing pulls out, the heater control trim pulls off(Some screws under there), then the two little corner peices next to the switches/blanking plates lift and have screws under them.

Not much flex is the OBD lead on the back of the glove box though.

Edited by 99hjhm