Wipers come on when i brake

Hi, wipers have been acting up today. They've been ramdomly comming on, doin like 4 cycles then off. bout 5 mins later it would do the same.

As soon as i got on the motorway they stopped. Then realised as soon as i decided to brake they would come on.

Any ideas??????

The wiper stalk itself is prone to failure so the chances are that its worn and as you brake, go round corners, bumps etc then that is enough to make the connection.

Try moving the stalk around without actually putting it in to the on positions, if it wipes then I would change the stalk.

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer

Does sound like the stalk to me. 4/5times a cycle? Isn't that how many times it wipes when you use the washers? Could be as you brake, its knocking it forward or whatever, and because its such a quick contact, you don't actually see any fluid.

Could be as you brake, its knocking it forward or whatever, and because its such a quick contact, you don't actually see any fluid.

What brakes do you think Lupo's have?????????????? It would need 5g+ to make the wipers come on with an working switch, even though it needs to be pulled rather than pushed to make them wash!!

If something has snapped, anything could be rattling around in there to complete the connection....

On my indicator stalk, my flash came on constantly, and then came on while turning, turns out it was a little piece off the stalk touching the contacts.