Drivers window not working

Sara

My window hasn't been working now for nearly a year now :rolleyes: have had it to the local garages who couldn't tell there ar$e from there elbow.

The only place which had a better idea was the place I got my stereo fitted by. Seeing as the window stopped working a few months after they fitted the stereo.

They said there is no power getting to the motor - where would be the best place to start looking?????? loose wire in the door? connection somewhere?

Please help!!

Sara

A year?! Don't go to many multi-storey car parks / drive-thrus then?!

Power failure is uncommon. Much more frequent are broken switches and regulators. I'd get a second opinion on the power problem before trying to track that down (unless the other side doesn't work in which case it'll be a fuse).

We swapped the switchs round and both of them worked for either side, so its not that. The people who fitted my stereo said they checked the motor and it was working but there was no power getting to it. Are there fuse's for each side window.....otherwise its going to be a slow progress finding the broken wire or connection!