vw golf fault codes!!!

strangeplains

hi chaps my step daughter has a 1.4 vw golf 2007, i recently found 2 fault codes with my vagcom unit!! 1. coolant fan control, short to ground (18068-224 and/or P1660) sorry means nothing to me :( and EVAP purge valve (what the hell is that??) (N80) short to ground (17833-224 and/or P1425)

ok so i knew the fan was not working hence getting the vagcom unit for her, could anyone tell me the parts needed to fix these problems and if so where exactly in the engine bay i need to be looking as it sort of resembles the warp drive from the enterprise of something similar ;)

i live in south croydon and if anyone needs to use a vagcom unit i would be happy to oblige :)

many thanks :)

1) Coolant fan short to ground means it is un-plugged, or has a broken wire or basically a break in the electrical circuit.

EVAP purge valve looks like this: 042237.jpg

again, Short to ground would say a break in the wiring somewhere. Not sure where abouts this lives in the engine bay though. Sorry.