routing amp power cable

i have a sub and amp :)and have it all up and running i just need to how the get the power lead from the bettery to the inside, are there any hole or anything i can use or do u have to drill one or sumthing. this is my first ever atempt at fitting anythin frm scratch to be gentel please :P. my dad mentioned sumthing about running it frm the fuse box???

This isn't going to be too helpful, however, there is a rubber bung where i believe the brake lines are routed through, there is multiple threads on it, have a search.

were abouts is that, driverside footwell?

tar

IIRC theres a gromit on the passengers side of the bulkhead. Look for that, cut a slit in and poke the cables through it.

ok will have a look tar much

i remeberd reading one of them ages ago so i had a quick search but couldnt find anything probs just me :blink:

Edited by swinburnTDI

New user to all this!!

my route sounds bad to start with but worked. Being 19 i wanted myslf a sub, got my mates xplod from him with amp for 40 quid.

my routing was simple after being told by halfrauds that i would need to remove most of my dash to fine the wireing loom. drilled a 5mm hole above the blower fan, and in the blower air box. sounds crude, bing driving with it 2 months all told no problem. All i did was ise epoxy resin to stop the wire falling into the fan.

good solution if uou ask me!

I dont have a photo mate but it should be on the passenger side of the bulkhead (bit between the interior and engine).. there will be a hole with wires going through it then a rumber gromet around it to keep the water out. A mate of mine did it trough there, then just find it in the interior! I remember him telling me it was a pain in the ass to to.

I dont have a photo mate but it should be on the passenger side of the bulkhead (bit between the interior and engine).. there will be a hole with wires going through it then a rumber gromet around it to keep the water out. A mate of mine did it trough there, then just find it in the interior! I remember him telling me it was a pain in the ass to to.

cheers pal, will have another go....do you just have to keep trying to feed the wire through until it comes out? or is it not very far to the interior?

still struggling! please can someone take a close up picture of where abouts the wire should go in and where abouts it comes out!

thanks

btw mine is a 1.0l which seem to be slightly differently set out to the 1.4 16v's and probably the gti's. so once again pictures would be great