Backbox has fallen off!!!

I thought it was the rear damper on it's way out..... So when I heard a banging noise I though the wheel had come off. :lol:

What I want to know is if I get an aftermarket one made up what bore is the best size?

I've got my MOT due either this week or next so this is bad timing. I'm thinking about welding a straight pipe on the end and that might get it though. I'll have to ask the MOT guy first.

Edited by Steve TDI

Woops..... I'm off to ExhaustUK tomorrow, what size shall I tell them to do the system in? 2", 2.25", 2.5", 3"???

Image270.jpg

Image271.jpg

Tell them to do it the same size as standard bore.

Just get a straight pipe done from Centre to Tail. That's what I did and my old lupo has sailed through it's past 5 MOT's with it on !

For a joke, ask them to do it through the back bumper and watch their faces drop.

exhuast.jpg

They expected to take 2 hours, and took six. The fitter said "well, it's certainly unique, because I'm not doing another bloody one!"

Considering the amount of chav tat I see coming out of there, they can make a subtle system when you want :)

My system is 2 inch throughout to a 3 inch tailpipe, with a massive middle box (really long) and a reasonably big back box. Quite deep, but slightly TOO quiet if anything!