Lupo 1.0 MPI 200 Air Filer Change ?

jops666

This is probably a REALLY stupid question , PROUD PROUD owner of my little 1.0 Lupo in Black with the GTI alloys on it , looking into air filter and the cost of pannel filter replacements are on the steap side , Soo i found an induction kit on ebay that fits ( K&N 57i Induction Kit VOLKSWAGEN LUPO 1.0 8v 2000 ) , BUT and heres my problem , when i removed the engine cover last time , there is a connection from the airbox the head , and when driving with the airbox off it leaked oil everywere out of it , what should i do any help , dont rip into me two hard , thanks for a any replys

Edited by jops666

You want an oil catch tank, which then plumbs into the intake pipework after the filter

Thanks For Reply ,

I could like pop a hole in the intake pipe and push it in , then like cilicone it , why is it there what does it do , and what would happen if i jus blocked it , its a pain in the tits to be onest . ???? :D

If you attach it to the intake pipework it needs to be sealed properly really. You can just put a filter on the end but it can cause bad smells in the cabin, plus Im sure it is attached to the intake as standard for a reason

Thanks for replys ,

im gettin smells in the cabin now like burnin oil espesially when the heaters are on HOT , smells really strange ,

i didnt mean pop a hole in the pipe

i ment leave it connected to the head and modify the hose that comes with the K&N kit , i no it would have to be sealed right but thats not a problem , i dont see why its there what does it do ?? ,

ORRR RIGHTTT Defcon5 atach a little filter to it that would solve it ive seen them online etc , that sounds like a good plan as its jus a breather pipe right ?? , dw about the smell my can isnt EGSATLY the freshest of beasts , thanks verry much for replys :D

Edited by jops666