New Car Help

al3x kay

Hello all,

Ok so I need some help I have a budget and I want a new car.

The Budget is 5k

I am 25 in April next year so insurance is not too much of an issue but don't really want anything super silly. I need something that is going to be my daily driver, I do about 8k miles a year so some sort of economy is preferable.

I have ruled out the 2 seaters as I often end up driving more than one person around as I am not a very good passenger and don't like to get in cars with other people driving.

I have a few ideas and have driven a few cars so on my list so far are:

Clio 200 Cup ( you can get great finance one these so can stretch the budget

R32/ R33 Skyline ( I love these old japanese cars)

200sx S14a

Mini Cooper S

Golf GTi

BMW 323CI (E46)

Audi S3

I like the idea of something larger but I am very much a fan of small hatchbacks for their chuckability.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ta

A

With petrol at about £5 per gallon and some of those cars struggling to hit 20-25mpg its going to work out at 8k miles spending over £2k a year on normal running. Which is about 40 quid a week, tbh i couldnt justify that as a daily runner

Then you have maintenance costs on big jap cars like skylines plus the major hike in insurance and tax.

I know im being devils advocate here lol

8k a year is nothing, i'd be willing to see 20-25mpg on average over that kinda mileage.

skylines, 200sx's, and mini cooper s (the supercharged one is shocking on fuel, the newer turbo'd version is a little better) are all dire on fuel.

With petrol at about £5 per gallon and some of those cars struggling to hit 20-25mpg its going to work out at 8k miles spending over £2k a year on normal running. Which is about 40 quid a week, tbh i couldnt justify that as a daily runner

Then you have maintenance costs on big jap cars like skylines plus the major hike in insurance and tax.

I know im being devils advocate here lol

that's nothing if i did 8k a year I'd happily run an evo or a 911 as my daily

Your missing the point , he stated some kind of economy is needed, 20mpg or under if you give it some is not what id put in that bracket