I hear noises

hunid-brake

hi all. basically im hearing two strange noises. the first is when im reversing into the lane by my house. before i hit full lock i hear an audible "clunk", this only happens once and isnt repeated and doubt it to be a cv joint or drive shaft as the car has only just hit 22k on the clock. my mate has a clio 172 and says his does it and its a common thing with clio sports but theyre french and i would expect that from them. any ideas? the other is when im cruising at about 30-40mph, when i release my foot off the gas and roll i can hear a very subtle whistle type noise like that of a belt or altenator sort thing. its very quiet but is starting to do my head in. i had the cam belt and water pump replaced when i got the car 1.5k ago and was wandering if it might have been done incorrectly or something. also could it be the auxillary belt? when i put my foot on the gas again it goes and when released its back again. it seems to be generally at low speeds that i can hear it and like a hypercondriac (spelling) and over protective mother i am getting slightly worried. when i wind down the windows i cant hear it in fact its clearer with the windows up. ive tried lifting the bonnet up tonight in the dark but obviously im not moving so i cant really hear anything over the engine although i do suspect it to be coming from the left hand side of the engine bay. any ideas and help please as i havent really got the time to leave it at the garage as i need it for work. thanks for listening guys and gals.

My car does both of those mate, so i wouldn't worry too much, i thought it was abnormal so i took it to my local garage and it seems pretty common. Why whirring noise as been louder since i had my belts changed not so long ago so don't worry about it.

Cheers, James.

my other half says try a belt dressing spray.

apparently it'll coat the belt and stop it squealing

somewhere like Halfords or Road and Rally would have it

Ahhh you are both fantastic and amazing people and I love you very much lol. That IS what I wanted to hear. Thank god it's no big job as I'm skint skint skint. Really thanks again this is why I love this site so much. Well worth 10 squid for prem mem. Cheers :D

Glad to hear it's common, just I never heard either in my sport. I love my car too it's a beaut. It's funny at work my mate has a civic type r and he's well jealous of my xenons. I said to him yours has xenons doesn't it and he said no they don't look half as nice as yours. I work late shift now see and I blind him with the full beam to gloat :D. Lupo xenons are dope. Quite similar to range rovers.