FK Coilovers - Camber adjustment?

PaperWeight1

I've had FK's on various cars and I'm not sure if the setup is the same on the GTi's.

Basically is the bottom hole on the coilover slotted to allow camber adjustment or not?

If it is, is there and easy way to set up the camber? It's always been a total ballache on other cars I've had because of that slot.

I've found it quite simple to adjust the camber tbh - I've got an iPhone and its got a built in level that shows you degrees. I just park the car on flat ground, measure the camber, jack it up and adjust a touch, drop it back down and move it a few feet so it settles and check again.

Usually have to take a few goes at it to get it right, then get the tracking set up to suit. It's only about half an hours job, and you can do it using a spirit level if you have a normal phone!

I've found it quite simple to adjust the camber tbh - I've got an iPhone and its got a built in level that shows you degrees. I just park the car on flat ground, measure the camber, jack it up and adjust a touch, drop it back down and move it a few feet so it settles and check again.

Usually have to take a few goes at it to get it right, then get the tracking set up to suit. It's only about half an hours job, and you can do it using a spirit level if you have a normal phone!

I have a digital angle finder as well as H&R CCC camber bolts (I use them to adjust the camber in small increments as it's more precise), but it's something I've done too many times in the past to want to ever do it again! I know it's not hard to do and just takes time but my patience for it is at zero now after 4 years of doing it a few times a year and losing my temper every time.

I think I posted somewhere before on coilovers, but Id recommend Tein SuperStreets not basics. By far the most useful thing about coilovers is having the ability to adjust the stiffness and front camber, the latter the cheaper kits do not allow you to do.

Height adjustment is a complete farse.. 99 of people with coilovers set and forget.

As said above, you DO get what you pay for... and if you love driving your car, putting on a set of budget coilovers is one sure way to ruin it if you drive it regularly.

Richard

FK only make one set of Lupo coilovers, and they don't offer enough adjustment on a GTI. Most people have to open up the holes a bit when they're really low to get anything less than about 3 degrees negative.