13" compomotive alloys clicking

i have just recently fitted a set of 13" compomotive light weight alloys to my vw lupo and it looks amazine. the front are fine and the rear fit perfectly but when am driving above 10mph the rear start making a loud clicking sound like the wheels are touching something and gets louder when i brake. the faster i go the louder and more freqent it gets . i checked and it not touching anything, i also fitted a set of 25mm spacer and made it no difference. can anyone help. thanks

the bolts are the same one which where on before so it cant be the bolts. but ill try different bolts. i am not a mechanic and i can only change wheels just. i dont even know what a bearing is?

Edited by lupo54

If the bolts were borderline before, the hub face of the new wheels could be thinner and cause the bottom of the bolt to go further into the rear hub, possibly tickling the brakes.

I had the issue when I swapped my alpine wheels for the Borbets I have now - My locking bolts were just a gnats too long.

the bolts are the same one which where on before so it cant be the bolts. but ill try different bolts. i am not a mechanic and i can only change wheels just. i dont even know what a bearing is?

If the offset of the wheel or the depth of the bolt holes in the face of the wheel are different this can cause problems.

As well as this you may possibly find that the compomotive wheels require a Tapered seat wheel bolt rather than a Radius seat wheel nut as per used on the original wheels from the car.

The wheels bolts are probably too long and fouling on the brakes springs inside the drum.

WHat he said. happened to mine. was very annoyin, trimmed it down with a flappy wheel. about 2/3 threads max and thats all it needed!